Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book a train ticket on Vietnam-railway.net?
Please follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose the route, travel date, number of passenger on the home page that you wish to purchase and click “search” to continue your booking.
Step 2: The next page will show all train names, departure and arrival time, type of tickets and ticket prices. Please select which one you prefer then click “continue” to move to next page.
Step 3: Review your purchase information and full fill all required information then click “continue” to move to payment page.
Step 4: Please use your credit card to pay for your ticket. Once it’s done you’ll receive a notification email from us. Kindly wait for your booking confirmation or e-tickets to be sent to your registered email.
2. What payment methods are accepted on Vietnam-railway.net?
Currently we accept all major credit cards such as Visa Card, Master Card, UnionPay through our partner onepay.vn. Transfer by Western Union is also available on request. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org for further supports if you have any inquiry.
3. How long in advance should I make the reservation to ensure tickets are available and cheaper?
To ensure tickets are available on your travel dates, you’re recommended to reserve your tickets at least 1 week before your travel date during normal season. For high seasons, please book your ticket as early as possible because we cannot guarantee ticket availability.
4. How do I buy tickets for my children?
Children under 16 years old are recommended to travel with parents and you can purchase tickets for them as normal by following all the steps posted on the first question.
5. Is the ticket price inclusive of tax and fee and baggage allowances?
The final ticket price you paid is inclusive of tax, fee and 20kg checked baggage for each passenger.
6. What is the different between hard berth, soft berth and VIP berth?
Hard berth cabin: there’re 6 berths in one cabin with thinner mattress.
Soft berth cabin: there’re 4 berths in one cabin and thicker mattress
VIP berth cabin: there’re 2 berths in one cabin with high quality facility. This cabin is only available for train from Hanoi to Sapa, Hue, Da Nang on some trains and return.
7. Is there any train to Hoi An?
There is no train to Hoi An. Please travel to Da Nang by train then takes taxi or bus to Hoi An. It takes you only 30 minutes to get there.
8. How do I get from Noi Bai International Airport to Hanoi train station?
From Noi Bai International Airport, please:
- Take taxi (USD20 - USD22) to go to Hanoi train station. It takes you about 1 hour to get there.
- Take buses operating by Vietnam Airlines (please check with any staff at the airport to know the parking location) to Hanoi centre. It’ll stop at Quang Trung Street and from there, you can catch a taxi or motorbike (local called: xe om) to travel to Hanoi train station. It costs you 30.000 – 40.000 VND and 10 – 15 minutes.
9. After payment, how do I collect my ticket?
Once payment is received, we’ll process your booking to issue e-ticket (if travel on Thong Nhat trains) then send to your registered email. You’re recommended to print out e-ticket to use for boarding with your passport.
If you’re travel to Sapa or return, we’ll issue a booking confirmation or ticket voucher then send to your registered email. You can collect your paper ticket 1 hour prior to your departure time at our office at Hanoi train station B (Tran Quy Cap train station).
If you wish to collect your paper tickets at your hotel, please provide us hotel name and address, date of check-in at least 3 days prior to your departure date for free delivery.
10. What should I do if I want to cancel my ticket?
Please email us at email@example.com with passport attached for cancellation and refund.
Kindly check out below information for your cancellation request:
1. 30% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment after e-ticket (Thong Nhat trains) or booking confirmation (Sapa trains) issued.
2. 50% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment made 5 days before the departure date.
3. 100% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment made within 3 days before the departure date.
11. How many types of train operating in Vietnam do you provide? How about train to Sapa and return?
Vietnam-railway.net provides all railway routes from two ends of Vietnam – Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with the best trains to different provinces. Also, there are first classes for the routes from: Hanoi to Sapa, Hanoi to Hue & Da Nang, Sai Gon to Nha Trang & Phan Thiet…
We also provide all type of tickets from Hanoi to Sapa and return on all luxury trains such as: Victoria Express, Sapaly Express, Fanxipan Express…
Traveling by train will give you a chance to discover a Truly Vietnam and enjoy a different side of life.
12. Is it possible for me to book a ticket for multiple routes?
It’s impossible because Vietnam Railways do not offer this type of ticket yet. If you plan to travel by train for more than 01 route, please contact us for more instruction or simply book one by one route through our website with the multiple destination option.