On the 28th September, 2015 Vietnam Railways and Hanoi Telecom signed a memorandum of cooperation to develop online utility services called Railway Box.
The Railway Box Services have 7 key features as following:
- Online Food and drink order (on train or local dishes at the station where the train passes);
- Online shopping (specific products of regions along the railway);
- Free entertainment such as movies, music, games, news...;
- Provide travel information such as cultural, people, landmarks, food, festivals…
- Book taxi, hotels, tours...;
- Update information of the train journey;
- Book ticket and pay via mobile phone;
The project will be divided into 2 phases. Phase 1 is from September 2015 to January 2016. Phase 2 is from February 2016 onward.